Learn 各大菠菜网 the Accreditation Process
HLC stands for the “Higher Learning Commission.” HLC has agreed to fulfill specific federally defined responsibilities within the accreditation processes to assure quality in 高er education for the students who benefit from federal financial aid programs.
- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct;
- Teaching and Learning: Quality, 资源, and Support;
- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement;
- Institutional Effectiveness, 资源, and Planning
Accreditation by HLC provides assurance to the public that the College has met the established criteria, and the evidence indicates that the College will continue to meet them. Jefferson was first accredited by HLC in 1969 and has continued to receive reaffirmation of accreditation for the maximum 10 years since that time.
Reaffirmation of accreditation 是很重要的! 例如:
- 学生 will be assured that they are receiving a 高 quality education.
- 学生 will continue to have the opportunity to apply for federal financial aid, such as Pell grants.
- Jefferson College transfer courses will continue to be accepted by other colleges.